Thread: EPUB and DRM
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belynda View Post
I have ordered the international kindle now it is available as my touch screen sony is dreadful for my old eyes.

I have a problem, I legally purchased many books from UK stores and have about 50 that I have not read yet. At the time I knew nothing about DRM!!! I have tried to convert them so that I may read them when kindle arrives. I learned from here that calibre was the programme to use. When I tried it I learned of DRM!! It said I need a 3 rd party application to remove DRM.

I feel very upset that as pensioner I now have either got to try to manage to read them on a screen that is unclear or lose them and pay for new books.
I have tried a couple of things that have been mentioned but I really do not understand how to do it, I need an idiots guide which I know you are not allowed to post.

I just wanted to rant, the books are my books and cost around 250 pounds if they were paper books I would be able to do as I pleased with them, either give them away or they could have been resold as used.
If these eBooks you have bought are in ePub, I suggest canceling the Kindle and getting a Sony PRS-600 instead. The 600 will handle the ePub eBooks with the DRM. The Kindle will not.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote