View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryR View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting an ebook reader, I like to look of the Sony Pocket Edition, looks like a nice size and I don't really like touch screens. However the majority of books I'd be reading would be pdf. I know it depends on the type of PDF and its contents so here's a link of a typical doc I'd be looking at.

Sample PDF

Just wondering if the 5" screen would be up to that size/ type of doc? If not what would be a good alternative.

Thanks for any help!
gR
I'll take a pic of your PDF in a few hours, at the latest tomorrow.
For now: In my experience, PDFs all are readable on Sony 300, but most of them aren't fun.
For me, it's simply not enough text information per page. That's not Sony specific, same with Cybook Opus. It's simply the 5" display.
You always juggle between "text not readable anymore because of zoom level" and "not enough text per page".
I clearly prefer 6" in general and use my 5" units only as a 2nd (and 3rd) reader.
For PDFs, given the specific structure (I don't like reflow for PDFs but want to remain the layout "intact"), even 6" to me is critical.
My favorite for PDFs still is iRex iLiad.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote