View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #8
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KoboGlo
I think life without Word could be possible.

When I have to deal with a PDF book in A4 size, I usually try these ways:
- Using Acrobat to save as HTML 4.0
If it fails because of rights, of badly formatted text or whatever, then...
- Using FineReader 9 to save as HTML 4.0

The first one is the best because I get a perfect output (with an xml hypertext table ) but the second one is quite satisfying too though longer.

After that, I insert the HTML output in a specially designed OpenOffice model with Sony 9x12 cm format. Usually I have a little tweaking to do, like changing the main font to suit my habits (using the "Stylist" or F11 and right-click, then "modify"), checking these images bigger than the screen size...

Then I export it like a PDF and I modify the metadata with a special freeware program (not Calibre...) and upload directly to my Reader. I know there are other good choices for this last step, like using calibre to get an epub...

Last edited by roger64; 10-15-2009 at 06:41 AM.
roger64 is online now   Reply With Quote