A press release from german startup "Wizpac" just arrived in my mailbox. It contains lots of new information about the newest eink device, the so-called txtr which made it's debut on the Book-Fair in Frankfurt today.
Apart from pricing and release-date information it also gives us some more tec-specs, book selection information and some insight into how the wireless book browsing and purchasing is supposed to work and what kind of subscription cost can be expected.
Here are some tidbits from the press-release:
The txtr will
- start selling on December 1.
- cost 319€
- initially be available in Europe and the US
- come with the txtr store that you can browse directly on the device (but for now ony in Germany, more countries to follow)
- come with optional service plans for wireless ranging from 11.99€ to 14.99€ per month depending on the length of the subscription period
- come with 8GB SD card
- weigh 300 grams
- offer a 6" 16 Greyscale eink screen
- be splash water protected
I'll attach the german press release to this post for all the details.