Thread: iLiad ipdf with CPU Throttling
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
My best guess is that the cpu-throttled ipdf wasn't created with the zlib compression libraries. Or maybe there were other libraries or functions that were included with the program enhancements. I haven't tested it, so I do not know.

I have no idea what's involved in searching, so I can't answer that. I think it's on iRex's planned feature list though. As far as a dictionary search, it shouldn't be *too* difficult to program a button that will launch stardict from ipdf. It should run on top of it, so when you close out of the dictionary, your document will be there.
Yes, but I can imagine that the library defined appears as a pop-up box when you select a word with the pen and click the library icon in the tool bar, but your solution is OK too.

Searching is available in many PDF viewers. It is nothing special, I think. Just pattern recognition in the PDF file, with a little sophistication. Irex promised it long ago. Why it was not there from the start, I do not understand. Probably not in the source of the software that was chosen.

It is a problem on the iLiad to switch applications. The user interface is very primitive (or simple). As far as I know, you leave the application and return to the contentlister and you choose another application. If you use buttons in a program, you could go to the contentlister without leaving the application, like a MP3 player and it goes on in the background, if we could swith applications fast (and have them running together) we could switch between documents or between documents and notes or diary or webbrowsing, e-mail, or ....

There could be a toggle icon in the tool bar, subsequently switching through the running user applications (or their respective screen-image-memory pages, and attached controls!).
It will take some amount of memory to have a number of applications active simultaniously and, if they are actually running, like the MP3 player, also some processor sharing.

The iLiad is not really meant for too much of that, but a little bit of it would be nice.

Last edited by henkvdg; 03-24-2007 at 04:14 PM.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote