View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
A cloud-based system seems nice to me... available to any device from a central location. However it's important to see the terms & conditions and what Google is allowed to do etc.
I believe one of the most beautiful revolutions happened during the 60s, in US, when finally the control was taken from the powerful corporations, governments etc. and given back to the people. I'm talking, of course, about the Personal Computer, when each individual was in charge of the data. Now (after it already failed once during the 90s), "Big Brother" tries again the get that power back (why should you be allowed to control the computers you own?), so it invented an evil concept called cloud-computing. Which I will fight with everything I can, it's just a too important battle to lose...

P.S. If people find my comment too much, maybe I can explain: half of my life I lived in a communist country, and hearing about a "central location" brings back many bad memories. And more... I just like computers too much (and the benefits they bring to humankind) to not care about them.

Last edited by LucasCorso; 10-14-2009 at 08:33 AM.
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote