Thread: iLiad ipdf with CPU Throttling
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Question about filesizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
State-of-the-art is using programs which throttle CPU. This saves energy & you get more reading time.
rincewind modded iRex's pdf viewer this way & added some nice features like "remembers pen-settings" or "Hide scribbles". He uploaded the binary in this thread on forum.irexnet.com. Thanks, rincewood!

I attached a installation & deinstallation script.

Oh, Adam B., I hope you get a unbricked iLiad in near future. Therefore I run the script several times, did a reboot, tested the firmware check; I found no problem: so it should be safe for all.

If I understand well, Throttle_ipdf = 1232 KB, Irex_ipdf = 76 KB !
Why is that? Are a lot of libraries replaced? Or is it Rincewind's mods?

Nice work, anyway!
Could someone add search and use of a look-up dictionary. Would make me very glad!

Last edited by henkvdg; 03-23-2007 at 02:27 PM.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote