Thread: iLiad ipdf with CPU Throttling
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
ipdf with CPU Throttling

State-of-the-art is using programs which throttle CPU. This saves energy & you get more reading time.
rincewind modded iRex's pdf viewer this way & added some nice features like "remembers pen-settings" or "Hide scribbles". He uploaded the binary in this thread on forum.irexnet.com. Thanks, rincewood!

I attached a installation & deinstallation script.

Oh, Adam B., I hope you get a unbricked iLiad in near future. Therefore I run the script several times, did a reboot, tested the firmware check; I found no problem: so it should be safe for all.

[EDIT]: I updated ipdf binary and changed readme.txt a bit in zip file [rincewind's Mar 23, 2007 version, md5: a6a2650badb6007a34158b064293c6d3 changes: stripped binary, not working easter egg removed.]
[EDIT II]: fake FAQ: Ok, some new ipdf binary was released. I have installed a older ipdf with the script. Do I have to deinstall ipdf with the older script before I can install the new ipdf binary? No! Just remove the old script on MMC/CF, copy the new script to it & execute the script.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_Mar_23_for_2.9.1.zip (82.5 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by yokos; 03-24-2007 at 09:40 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote