View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfolded

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lev View Post
is there a statement or reference from sony about this problem that I can show to customer service reps when they insist it is normal for it to fade in sunlight?
when I called they just told me its normal and when I insisted they told me call level 2 technical support which i will later tonight to see what they say...
There is no statement from Sony but the cause of the issue was confirmed by representatives of Pocketbook when their devices showed the same symptoms.
To make sure, you can open your device (unscrew four screws, then push the back cover a bit to the side and open it) and check the model number of the E-Ink panel. ED060Sxx is PVI, LB060Sxx is LG-Philips.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote