here is a new version of the Midori browser for firmware v1.7 (MD5: 3810a2c6ef4a0449ab15867256b88db9). List of changes:
- Midori browser upgraded to version 0.1.10
- MIME database added (i.e. browser can open images now)
- Full screen mode is allowed
- File open dialog changed (thanks Mackx for explaining)
To install a new version remove the _midori
directory and the file midori.desktop
in the Programs
directory. It may be a good idea to make a backup of the file Programs/_midori/config/config
if you made changes to browser's configuration. After that unpack the attached midori-0.1.10-dr-0.1.zip
archive into the root of your device
To associate HTML files with Midori browser I edited the System/dr1000.ini
file and changed the following line:
which requires device restart. Of course it's always a good idea to make a backup of that file before applying any changes.
To ExtraSF: I have not found CHM files among mime types supported by WebKit, so I think they will not be supported.
- I have not noticed empty scrollbars on small pages. Maybe it was fixed in 0.1.10.
- Links to pictures should work now.
- The file open dialog should be better now.
- I can't reproduce. I just go to Edit -> Preferences and after browser restart I can see configuration changes I made.
To Viacheslav: I know you prefer making start scripts to avoid the "Please, wait..." box, but I found that sometimes I see no changes while the application is starting and I think that is confusing. So I prefer to be annoyed rather than confused
Thanks to all of you who posted in this thread.