I was able to get the pagebar working with the gtk_window_set_wmclass statement.
I've finally got it working to a point where it's ready for an (early) alpha release. It works, but there's still work to do.
1) Symbolic link needs to be created at /usr/local. I thought I was able to change this with the make file, but I still have more testing to do.
2) Screen doesn't always update. When this happens, you will need to tap a blank area of the screen (I just tap the lower left most corner) to get it to update. This happens when the program initally loads, and some other places. iliad_refresh.comf had no effect on this.
3) Activity light continues to flash after pressing hardware button. I'll have to wait for Antartica to patch his libX11.so before this is fixed.
Typical Disclaimers Apply. Do not install this unless you know what you are doing. Working in the root filesystem is very dangerous!! Is is possible (though unlikely) to brick your iLiad. I take no responsibility if you do so. Install at your own risk.
1) Put the fbreader folder somewhere. It's 15MB, so a memory card would probably be best.
2) Make a symbolic link from /usr/local pointing to the directory where you put fbreader. EX: If you put the fbreader folder on your SD/MMC card, enter "ln -s /mnt/card/fbreader /usr/local"
3) Copy the .fbreader folder to your /home/root/ directory. This contains the settings to make files readable on the iLiad. You can change all of these in the options dialog.