Thread: iLiad FBReader
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
The close button was a simple enough addtiion. It doesn't have an icon, but that's alright because the default "icon missing" icon is an X. Closing gracefully solved the problem of settings not being saved. All of the functions seem to be working as well. I'll have to research the GTK wmclass issue. And yes, handwriting recognition does work for fields.
The close icon is a very clean solution possible :-). Perfect.

Quote:
Right now my biggest problem is getting libraries/versions straight. Sometimes the screen doesn't want to update by itself after selecting something. I'll have to tap again in a blank area to get it to update.
After executing fbreader, you should have a file named "iliad_refresh.conf". It contains the timeout for updating the screen after having detected some message passing betwen the program and the X server (that file is created by my patched version of libX11.so). Edit it to have a larger value (it's in milliseconds), and test if the problem disappears.

However, the larger that timeout is, there is more lag between doing some action in the UI and seeing the feedback in the screen.

Quote:
Overall though, I don't see why this shouldn't eventually be very useful on the iLiad.
Joking, eh? It will be the dream of a lot of MRs come true ;-).

Good work.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote