Thread: iLiad FBReader
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Even more progress (see attached).
Excellent work, Adam!

Quote:
Now comes the part where I may need some help.

1) Pagebar and buttons do nothing. They also cause the activity light to flash until the program is closed.
Hardware buttons only works if the application in registered to th X server as "sh". In gtk1.x this is done with

gtk_window_set_wmclass(GTK_WINDOW(my_main_window), "sh", "sh");

In Gtk2 there should be some equivalent method. Searching a bit in Goocle, it seems that the wmclass is an attribute of the window in Gtk2 (no especial method, just ask for the attribute of wmclass), but I have not found any code example.

As for the flashing, there is a bug in muy patch to libX11.so that doesn't turn off the led. It should, as it tourns it off the first time, but then the same code stop working. Maybe it's that I cannot reuse some variables from one call to the next... but as I don't have a lot of documentation about the usage of liberbusyd, it's by trial-and-error :-(.

Quote:
2) No option to close the program. I guess FBReader relies on the window manager to do it, but since we don't have a close button I don't know how to add this.
You could try with "q" in the virtual keyboard. If fbreader behaves as the majority of UNIX apps, it should exit :-).

Quote:
3) FBReader doesn't have the option that I can see to run from a dynamic location. The way I was able to get the icons and settings working, was because I made a symbolic link from /usr/local to /mnt/usb/fbreader. While this works for me, it's not practical for the average user.
In the configure, pass it something like "--datadir=./" and try if that works. If not, pass another string and replace it in the final executable with sed (yes, it's a hack, but it works. You should only replace strings with other strings of the same length, or you will corrupt the executable).

Quote:
4) I messed up my toolchain while testing. I'm using scratchbox. If anyone (*cough*Antartica*cough* ) has an up to date (2.9.1) toolchain, it would be great.
Its a work in progress. I will post a new toolchain sometime, but I'm just starting with it :-).

Quote:
I may talk to FBReader developers to see if they can help. I'm sure they'd love to get a complete port to the iLiad.
I agree :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote