Thread: iLiad FBReader
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Even more progress (see attached).

Now comes the part where I may need some help.

1) Pagebar and buttons do nothing. They also cause the activity light to flash until the program is closed.
2) No option to close the program. I guess FBReader relies on the window manager to do it, but since we don't have a close button I don't know how to add this.
3) FBReader doesn't have the option that I can see to run from a dynamic location. The way I was able to get the icons and settings working, was because I made a symbolic link from /usr/local to /mnt/usb/fbreader. While this works for me, it's not practical for the average user.
4) I messed up my toolchain while testing. I'm using scratchbox. If anyone (*cough*Antartica*cough* ) has an up to date (2.9.1) toolchain, it would be great.

I may talk to FBReader developers to see if they can help. I'm sure they'd love to get a complete port to the iLiad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fbreader.png
Views:	489
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	2936   Click image for larger version

Name:	fbreader1.png
Views:	510
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	2937   Click image for larger version

Name:	fbreader2.png
Views:	483