My port of FBReader is working well and is ready for users. Right now, the most difficult part is installation. I'll have to rely on someone else to put together an installation script.
With this method, I'm able to open up files supported by FBReader (chm,rtf,fb2,pdb,tcr,prc) directly from the content lister. The pagebar works, and the screen refreshes as it should.
1) The first time you use the page bar, it may not respond. Simply press it again and it will work.
2) You will need to use the close soft-button in the upper right to exit. If you press one of the News, Books, Docs, Notes, hardware buttons, FBReader will be hidden in the background and continue running. You will need to close it through a shell, or restart for it to be closed.
Typical Disclaimers Apply. Do not install this unless you know what you are doing. Working in the root filesystem is very dangerous!! Is is possible (though unlikely) to brick your iLiad. I take no responsibility if you do so. Install at your own risk.
1) Put the fbreader folder on the root of your CompactFlash Card.
2) Copy the .fbreader folder to your /home/root/ directory. This contains the settings to make files readable on the iLiad. You can change all of these in the options dialog.
3) You will need to edit the /mnt/settings/er_registry.txt file in order to launch programs from the content lister. The is the most dangerous
part of the installation. If this file is formatted incorrectly, you iLiad will be rendered useless.
I've included a copy of my er_registry.txt in the zip file for comparison.
Hope you all like it. Below is a screenshot of it reading an RTF downloaded from ManyBooks.net