Thread: iLiad Tcl/Tk for iLiad?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
tk is the GUI toolkit tcl language uses [1].
tkinter (tcl/tk for python) is a GUI included in python standard library. It's multiplatform, but not much people uses it nowdays (sorry Antartica, I thought you were younger ;-)
Younger still?

"How old are you?" thread

Hope that using Tcl/Tk doesn't make me age at an accelerated pace X-).

Anyway, for hacks and light GUIs, it is still a valid option (in fact VMWare for Linux used it for quite a lot of versions until they did change to a "proper" GUI library).

In my case, I became addicted to Tcl/Tk in my OS/2 days; was looking for a scriptable way for doing UIs that worked for both OS/2 and Linux and that was what I found. Although I reckon that that was a long time ago X-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote