View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

They're organized like the Sony; all the books are on one list. Now, the Kindle can read the files in folders; you just can't see them.
Let me expand on this a bit.

Let's say you hook your Kindle to your computer. You move e-books TreasureIsland.mobi, and TheWindInTheWillows.prc, into the documents folder. Then you create a folder called "Horse Stories" in the documents folder and you move BlackBeauty.prc, and MyFriendFlicka.mobi into "Horse Stories."

On your computer you will see, in the documents folder,
Treasure Island
The Wind In the Willows
and a folder called "Horse Stories" that contains Black Beauty, and My Friend Flicka

When you disconnect your Kindle and start it up, you will see
Treasure Island
The Wind In The Willows
Black Beauty
My Friend Flicka

and no sign of the folder.

The Kindle can "see" the books in "horse stories" and can display their titles for you, and let you read them, but has no way to let you know that Black Beauty and My Friend Flicka were grouped together, separate from Treasure Island and The Wind in The Willows.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote