View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #80
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Yes, I've slowly scanned my favorite pb's for the past 10 or so years. Most of the books are ones I read over and over, and are out of print. I don't expect them to be produced as ebooks, and it will be decades before they are out of copyright.

Now I have my PEZ I can read again, as my eyesight has deteriorated so I can easily read from pb's. I've been reading on my old 1st gen flat screen monitor which is VERY hard on the eyes.

I am thrilled with my PEZ, I've had no problems at all, except the peeling, which I've taken care of.

My apologies, but I don't know what "O_O" means.

AJ

BTW, I DO NOT make my scanned books available to anyone but myself. I do not cheat the author in any way. Most of the ones I'm scanning, the author is dead.

PS I'm originally from Houston also.
O_O is just a different emoticon.

Scanning books sounds, kind of awesome. I hope it's a hand scanner. I only thought about flatbed scanners at first, and I've tried scanning a text book that way and it was horrible. I wanted to put on my USB key. I quit after a few pages. Luckily the pdf was on the CD we bought with book. I'll have to put that on my reader when it comes.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote