View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
nice find. You know what struck me first about it...they put the vertical buttons on the LEFT side of the device. I am right handed BUT I always hold my books, PDA's and what not in my left hand. Because of years of holding my PDA's in my left hand, I am very used to using that thumb for not only navigation but also on screen control as well...so this is a GREAT feature decision for folks like me. Plus with the digitizer one can still control the device and hold the pen in your right hand.

Of course I bet a lot of lefties have the opposite take on the design for the same reason I like it...and while I like the hand-agnostic devices better overall, if facing a good price on this device or a hand-agnostic device with less features for about the same or only slightly lower price, I could very well go with the N518.

Nice find!!

BTW, I would take the whole handwriting recognition exclusivity with a grain of salt...there are LOTS of HWR algorithms out there and porting should be a very simple issue. They might have an agreement of exclusivity for this individual instance but not for the whole market. I sense it is just their marketing wonks trying make it sound, well, more advanced that the rest of the market.

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-25-2009 at 04:58 PM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote