View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffy View Post
Well I bought a 600 last night from best buy to try and see if it works, but I must admit I was so impressed with how it looks and everything about this ebook and so on.

But I will be returning it today because it seems what I want is just not there yet. My pdf files are unreadable and I know its not the readers fault. These are gaming books which use a much larger page size then a normal book and to zoom and pan is simply to much of a pain in the butt. Maybe with a bigger screen or something it may work out better, the landscape mode helped some but not enough.

Now as for manga and such it did work out better once I did some messing around but it still let me down hard. At first the images were 100% unreadable, but then I cracked open photo shop and resized files and tried all diffrent sizes till I found that its best at 800x600, I know its not an even change on the size but trust me it made it easier to read. Not 100% but like 85% better. As said above the ones that are edited after the fact are easier to read then a direct copy of it which has the type very faded and to small even at the right size. I must admit after looking at some photos on it the detail from only the gray colors was very impressive honestly.

Now it is still a very good reader so don't misunderstand what I'm saying, it just doesn't do what I'm looking for is all, I was really looking for a replacement for having a backpack full of books is all.
Caliber will take the manga scans, resize them, trim them and sharpen them.
just throw in a volume either cbr. or cbz. and format in LRF for smaller size faster loading. . .
300com is offline   Reply With Quote