View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #12
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro
The audiobooks on the ipod are tagged as such. This means they have a bookmark feature as well as speed settings etc.

If you import your own audiobook CD's they will not be recognised as itunes audio books, just as a normal CD. However you can convert them to being audiobooks with all the advantages of them.

Click here for instructions

I think there is a simpler way with applescripts but it escapes my monday morning brain for now.

Of course, this is an iTunes thing, and will not apply to fake ipods etc etc etc.

micro
Definitely, thank you for the info! You don't know how many times I had to physically write down the track & position of my place in an audiobook before switching to something else on my iPod. It sucks that the iPod isn't smart enough to read the MP3 tag and see the MP3 should be treated as an audiobook. Stupid iPod, can't you read?! Lol, thanks again; also one quick question... how long does it take to re-encode, say a 9-hour audiobook to the AAC-format?

Cheers!