View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Praise to iSilo--CIA World Fact Book--iSilo beats the competition!

Happened to fetch the 2007 version of the CIA World Fact Book. Decided to get it in two flavors this time, especially as I noticed an iSilo version.

So, ereader vs. iSilo on CIA? iSilo wins by a mile! The opening and moving around are nearly instantaneous whereas with ereader one waits, and waits... and, yes, you got it--WAITS! Finally a page will open.

I think a few years back I had an Adobe Reader version, which was also sluggish-- but did have the ability to magnify the maps.

I've also used iSilo to create Palm versions of large web sites--e.g., astronomical sites about the Messier objects-- and it works like a charm. You can set up navigation bookmarks and the jumping from here to there is immediate.

So, given that we're often posting questions or complaints or suggestions (me included!), I thought it was time to simply offer some praise, pure and unadulterated, praise! Way to go, iSilo!