View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #32
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (recycled), PRS-350, Surface RT (for comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
Does anyone have any experience comparing the 500 with the 600? I was always aware of the greyness of the 500 but after awhile you just get over it. I don't know if the 500 has a glare problem if i can't read the screen a shift till I can? Will I find the screen as easy to read as the 500 if the answer is yes then i'll be thrilled..I imagine that the next edition will be ready in about 2 years anyway which is about as long as i've had my 500.
I went to the local Borders with my old trusty 500 to take a look at the 600. Certainly, as you know, not the best setting to see a reader, as there are lights everywhere. Still, I could move both readers a little bit around, and I noticed that the background of the 600 is definetily whiter than that of the 500, so it offers a better contrast. It's true that the 600 reflects more light than the 500, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Honestly, I don't know what those 505 snobs are complaining about.

I actually quite liked it. If not for the Daily Edition, I would have bought right there. Well, let me rephrase this: if not for the Daily Edition and my wife, I would have bought it right there.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote