View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
One thing I noticed early with this kind of display is that it does not do well with the yellowish lighting we have been accustomed to use.

You have to spotlight it with a compact fluorescent (CF) bulb. And in the process try not to light your hands, they will have a tendancy to be brighter than the screen; uncomfortably distracting. My favorite reading setup with it involves a cantilevered floorlamp with a CF in it right over the center of my head while in an easychair, with a lounging cover and two cats on my legs.

I've tried it next to a window in direct sun. At this it is the best ever outside reading experience, even more than paper, which becomes too bright and better than any edisplay available.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote