View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #63
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal_9000 View Post
my K2 arrives today, my only issue is should i call in sick to work or just cut out early once the website shows delivery confirmation?

seriously though, i'm real excited to get this, and just hope the extra $70 for the refurb K2 was worth it. i realized that ereaders are taking off in the next 6 months, but the K2 does all i need, so for me, waiting for another ereader that does more would be like waiting for a car with cruise control when i dont need cruise control. as the saying goes: "if you're always waiting 6 months for something to come out...then you're always waiting 6 months for something to come out"
Always remember this one caveat to that thought, it applies only if there are device which does what you want now and will continue to do so for the lifespan you expect from the device.

I say it because, while these days other tech devices offer trivial "upgrades", ebook reader devices are still far from stable. For sure right now the closest "sure things" are the Kindle, Sony and probably the iRex DR1000S (I just have no experience with the iRex but everyone seems to like theirs). Other than those, I feel waiting just a bit, until sometime between November to January will be a worthwhile move. I offer for example all the issues being discussed with the Astak PocketPro (battery issues as well as peeling paint from their cases.) Definitely a case where waiting makes sense because the device is new w/o any track record.

Still, in general, completely right, if the device you want is there now and you can honestly afford it, heck just buy it!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote