View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you do have to send the PP back to be exchanged, remember to unauthorize it from ADE if you have authorized it.
For those new to ADE (like myself) who need to deauthorize a device, you need to connect it to your computer and then press ctrl + shift + e to pull up the device deauthorization dialog (Windows directions). Adobe kindly does not include these instructions in their online ADE help file (not that I could find anyway).

As far as I can tell, if your unit is bricked and you can't get the computer to recognize your device, you are out of luck as far as deauthorizing your device goes and will have to contact Adobe if you run out of your 6 allowed authorizations. If you've already sent it back without deauthorizing it first, you are also out of luck.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote