View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, PRS-505, Kindle 3,Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Bought fake iPod Nano on Ebay

I am now the proud owner of a fake iPod Nano.
I knew it was fake -- the seller made it quite clear in the listing that it was a nano-clone and not made by apple.
It cost 25.
And joy of joys -- it don't use iTunes. I HATE iTunes.
It's a 2GB one (genuine - I checked it).
Plays mp3 and wma files.
and the following:
FM radio
Record,
Ebook (text only)
Picture,
Phone Book,
Games,
Movie (MTV AND AMV only)

I shall only use it for mp3 audio books -- so easy to just drag and drop a folder -- none of that iTunes hassle whereby the books play out of order unless you work hard at it.

I haven't got any movies to try but I understand they don't look very nice.

The eBook reader seems to have a line length of 16 characters - any more than that and it splits words up and places the rest on the next line.

But the mp3 player is great.

The worst thing is the manual. It's incomprehensible -- written in quaint English by some Chinese person with a primary school knowledge of English.
Luckily I did a search on Google and found a really good 42 page manual written in English by Garry Whittaker which was a godsend.

It arrived with an American charger (I live in the UK) so I will have to charge it up using the USB cord connected to my PC. It was fully charged when it arrived.

So far, I don't regret my purchase at all. Time will tell, but for 25 quid I felt it was worth the risk.