View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Neil
Groupie
Neil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, Kindle 2, iPhone
Trouble w/Windows Calibre in Emulation on Mac

I thought I would try to get around the Snow Leopard Calibre woes by downloading and setting up a Windows version of Calibre using Parallels Desktop and Windows XP on my Intel Mac. I've been using Parallels Desktop for a while now and it had worked well with other programs.

First it seemed to be going well. Windows Calibre downloaded and installed fine. With a little bit of finagling I finally got the Windows preferences to point to the same "ebooks" folder that the Mac Calibre had pointed to, made and used. It was a happy few minutes to see all of my ebooks appear in the Windows Calibre main list view.

But when I try to view one of the mobi files I get an error message. It says that Windows cannot recognize the file type? But I'm already IN the Calibre program so I don't understand what I should do to fix that? Any help?? Thanks!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote