View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #89
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
That all sounds perfectly correct, Orwell.
So, the next thing to ask is how you load your texts into Book Designer.
Book cleaner won't work if you are cutting and pasting.

I open BD then drag and drop the source text into the BD window. At the bottom of the window, there's a little commentary, where it tells you that it's finding paragrah ends, running book cleaner etc.
Do you get this?
I am almost always opening an HTML document in Book Designer (File > Open), sometimes a LIT, DOC/RTF or TXT file. But always via Open File not cut and paste. I also see the little "status" message saying "finding paragraphs ends" and so on.

Having wasted your time, I have now just run some further tests, and it seems I am getting em-dashes preserved in most documents I try. I don't know what happened, but I can only guess that I had one strangely formatted source document that meant I lost the em-dahses. I will keep an eye on how it performs with further documents. My apologies.

Of course, I still have the problem of losing images when the Book Cleaner files run on opening a new source file. This is quite troublesome, and I guess we are unlikely to get that issue fixed?

Thanks again for your help, and apologies for the false alarm.

Last edited by orwell2k; 09-15-2009 at 10:20 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote