View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Loved the books, thought the movies were ok (there's too much content in those books to make a reasonable number of movies). I don't play online games much (except for Second Life, occasionally), but my husband plays some of the Playstation games with a friend, because they are cooperative. (He and his friend like to be on the same side.) If they can bring that cooperative element to the LOTR MMORPG, that would be good. But one of the basic problems with making a game from this series is that most of the critical story events take place around the Nine, and you can't let everyone be one. One of the Playstation games deals with this by having you play members of a second team, following after the first team and dealing with the stuff they didn't catch. Certainly there are plenty of big battle scenes that practically anyone could participate in. But I've never figured out how MMORPGs solve the basic game design question: how do you convince the players that what they do really matters, when everyone knows who the stars of the show are and what the final outcome will be?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote