Originally Posted by jackau
what is your ideal e-reader like?
Well, for general fiction reading:
- A screen that's 85mmx150mm and 12ppmm (so 1020x1800 pixels). I'd accept four or more grey levels, but colour would be better.
- A robust plastic screen - no glass.
- The screen should have better contrast than the best current e-Ink screens
- The full redraw time of the screen should be < 0.1s
- No built-in light.
- Touchscreen if this can be done without affecting contrast
- Small bezel around the screen - no more than 10mm at each side.
- Controls should be easy to press - with multiple page forward controls.
- Battery life should be at least a week if left on with no page turns. And at least 10,000 page turns.
- No more than 8mm thick and no heavier than 200g
- micro-usb for power and data.
- Fully compliant ePub renderer
- DRM-free Mobipocket support
- web browser
- Support for DRM-free Mobipocket format dictionaries, with lookup from ePub or Mobipocket books.