Essential characteristic of YOUR perfect E-book reader in 2010...
With more and more makers putting out their devices, makes choosing a good e-reader more complicated than before.
So, in aid of those yet to own an e-reader and for those who is frustrated by their current devices (admit it, there IS NO perfect devices in an infancy era of e-readers!
As customers, we have the rights to ask for functions either in hardware / software that should be implemented (upgraded) on current / upcoming devices.
E-reader of my choice in 2010: ((I use point forms for easy reading))
Hardware wish list:
• 250 g max in weight for 6 -7 inch devices
• No more than 450g for 9 inch class models
• 1200 X 800 class resolution
• Half QWERTY / T9 class letter inputting buttons (touch screen / full keyboard is a no go for me).
• At least two sets of fast page turn / text size change buttons
• One button horizontal / portray change
• jogDial wheel / touch sensitive navi wheel (think apple) controller.
• Wifi but not 3G!
• Realistic 5000 page refresh / 3 week per charge.
• SDHC card support up to 16GB
• 1 or more (TransFlash) Micro SD card Slot.
• 256 MB + ram for better large size PDF support.
• Extendable Glare less LED external light for low light reading?!
Software must haves:
• Zoom on .jpg and other widely used picture formats,
• Proper PDF format support, able to zoom in pdf diagrams (regardless text reflow condition)
• fast / easy navigation in zoom.
• Text select / copy note taking function for research purposes
• Smart edge / margin chopping
• MS office file type support.
what is your ideal e-reader like?
Have fun dreaming