View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #23
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
A little late, but as promised, here's a pic of the signature. I think barring some cool digital signature method, this is the way to go.

But while thinking about those digital signatures, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't want one. It would technically be very cool, but the reason I wait in line for a signature at a book store is the rarity of it - once that signature could be applied to any book, and copied an infinite number of times, it ceases to have meaning. I'm not sure how to handle author signatures and ebooks. Perhaps the "signed copy" will be another accidental casualty of the era.
Hey bingle! What will you do when you get to a book show and meet 50 authors? I guess that jacket will look like that picture we have in our minds of a well traveled suitcase. That would be cool!

I guess we'll have to train our authors to write smaller!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote