View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Oops. I changed it.
Thanks. My point, however, was that they're comparing it to Blackboard. And that we're talking about an initiative by McGraw-Hill (i.e., whose first concern is their bottom line, specifically by getting control over the reseller market [preferably by banning it/making it impossible]).
In any case, it sounds as though a browser is all you will need in order to be able to participate in this 'learning experience'. (As long as they have Flash player, from the looks of it). So it's not really a 'format' as such, just a website, supposedly with additional content so as to make it appealing and make it seem as though you're getting the better end of the deal.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily hate McGraw-Hill, as I don't encounter them much in my studies, but I do think their idea of how best to profit from printing education materials is quite horrible.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote