View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Epub on Bebook

I had posted a similar question about epubs on the Bebook forum, and received a surprising response. One responder indicated that he had a DRM epub that showed the 2nd level TOC for a specific volume of an omnibus, whereas another responsder indicated that he had the same results as I had with an omnibus. Both were using a Bebook reader.

These different responses imply that my problem with omnibus epubs results because they are not formatted correctly to take advantage of the 2 level TOCs, but that such formatting is possible. My downloaded omnibus epubs work fine with the 1st level TOC, but fail on the 2nd level omnibus component volume TOC.

The question is how to format an epub so that it works correctly. I develop my epubs from importing to Calibre the htm generated by Book Designer. I think that this may be what many of the MobilRead omnibus ebook makers do (?), and this doesn't seem to work. But there must be some way to get the proper formatting (perhaps an option in Calibre?). Does anyone know how to do this?
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote