View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
I had the exact same problem. I spent hours with sony support staff trying to fix it...clean uninstall of the previous version, new install of v3 (Multiple tries), etc. It installs successfully but will not launch. The support person made me reinstall previous version from their link so that I could at least have one software working while we try to find the problem but now...this version is not launching either! As a last resort I was told someone would get back to me by phone and would help me find the problem. First they were to call me on Friday night...no show...then after I called them back it was Sunday....no show either! So I'm stuch with no software for my reader!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
I am having v3 software problems and spent an hour plus on IM help with no resolution. After a clean clean install of software (deleting all folders) and re-authorizing my PC, and hard resetting my PRS700BC I still get the error.

My last test, after all the clean install, was to download one purchased content and try to sync. Crash. Very frustrating as now I have no content on the device and have to wait for the East Coast to wake up and call.

The Sony eBook software is such a nightmare. I thought v3 would be better, but so far it appears that only the Chrome has changed. Very unstable it appears.

Leon
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote