View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
Elfwreck....here's hoping that all the techno electronic gadgets might spur folks to come to find eBooks as something new & wonderful ...reading re-discovered?? Or are my rose colored glasses just a bit too rosy?
I'd like to think so.

I'm afraid it's more likely that books will continue to fade, as blog posts and online forums become most people's sources for entertaining and informative text.

The programmer who can figure out how to let you give the URLs of a dozen or so blogs, and return a single ePub file with the most recent entry (with comments) in each, could make a mint off it. Charge $1 for a single use or $10-15 for a month's ability, with a free version available that only does up to 3 blog posts. (A diligent person could still get all their content that way, by making lots of little ePubs. Shrug. Anyone with that much free time on their hands, could pretty much build their own by going to the sites & copy/pasting into a document to convert.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote