View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox View Post
I haven't checked all of them. But hte three I did look at, NONE of them actually offered ebooks. Yet. And there was no mention that they were going to, nor any search returns fro the phrase 'ebook'.
Luton Libraries have a small collection of PDF ebooks - they're looking to expand, but are going to stick with PDF for the moment.
An email they sent me said:

"The market leader at present is the Sony ereader, which supports PDF, and when the Kindle is launched in the UK this autumn it will also support PDF format. These are the two biggest sellers worldwide and this has influenced our choice of format.
We also wanted a format that would work for people with a visual impairment, as we work in partnership with Sight Concern, who help people who are blind or partially sighted to access services, so our ebooks are being promoted to their customers as an accessible library service.
We will be looking to develop the service in the future, and will add more formats if our budget allows, but PDF does seem to be working for us currently, with 25% of all downloads from the site currently being ebooks."

I did reply, with links to the information about PDFs and other formats on MR.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote