Originally Posted by yokos
Hallo, Bert, I found the error, why this wasn't working with my files:
your java program wants to have directory with ".pdf" in the end of it's name.
Most of my pdf folder don't have this, because I edit manifest.xml before opening it on iLiad [-> no .pdf in directory's name.]
Even if I type the correct path of directory in the source field, your program ignores non-.pdf-in-the-end-directories.
There is one real problem: If a pdf file is cropped [for instance 20 mm on top of page] scribble notes move 20 mm above the position they were drawn, because output is is a non-cropped page. With a larger visible page size the correct scribble positions get shifted with amount of cropped length.
I have fixed both problems (well ... almost
- About the cropped PDF's: I didn't even know that was possible! However, some searching in the iText library delivered the desired results. The cropped pages from your samples are merged correctly now.
- The problem with the iRex-folders was laziness from my side: I only accepted folders ending with .pdf containing a .pdf file with an identical name. Now I accept all folders with a manifest.xml and scribble.irx in it, and search for the pdf-file in the manifest.xml file.
However, now I have another problem: some of your files contain special characters which are screwed up by windows ((like "Schöne Grüße von Vulcanus.pdf" becomes "Sch÷ne Gr³¯e von Vulcanus.pdf"). When I scan the manifest.xml file for the pdf-file I get a correct filename, but when I search for that file it isn't found (It only sees the screwed-up filename)... So these files still don't work. I'll look into that another time.