View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Hallo, Bert, I found the error, why this wasn't working with my files:
your java program wants to have directory with ".pdf" in the end of it's name.
Most of my pdf folder don't have this, because I edit manifest.xml before opening it on iLiad [-> no .pdf in directory's name.]
Even if I type the correct path of directory in the source field, your program ignores non-.pdf-in-the-end-directories.

There is one real problem: If a pdf file is cropped [for instance 20 mm on top of page] scribble notes move 20 mm above the position they were drawn, because output is is a non-cropped page. With a larger visible page size the correct scribble positions get shifted with amount of cropped length.
I have fixed both problems (well ... almost ).

- About the cropped PDF's: I didn't even know that was possible! However, some searching in the iText library delivered the desired results. The cropped pages from your samples are merged correctly now.
- The problem with the iRex-folders was laziness from my side: I only accepted folders ending with .pdf containing a .pdf file with an identical name. Now I accept all folders with a manifest.xml and scribble.irx in it, and search for the pdf-file in the manifest.xml file.
However, now I have another problem: some of your files contain special characters which are screwed up by windows ((like "Schöne Grüße von Vulcanus.pdf" becomes "Sch÷ne Gr³¯e von Vulcanus.pdf"). When I scan the manifest.xml file for the pdf-file I get a correct filename, but when I search for that file it isn't found (It only sees the screwed-up filename)... So these files still don't work. I'll look into that another time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iLiadPdfScribbleMerger 1.1.zip (1.77 MB, 612 views)
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote