View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Chicken McNightmare
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Sony & Amazon, etc. - Why No Wifi or Bluetooth?

I may be naive or missed long-ago postings, but I'm continually struck by the question as to why Wifi or Bluetooth capabilities haven't been added to, or offered as a separate line, for eReaders launching in the US? Irex already has Wifi, right?

It would seem a no-brainer for Amazon to offer a Wifi DX model for college students - virtually all campuses now have networks available for student use. And tie this in with etext-book usage. And using Wifi, not 3G - you could lower the cost of the unit, since it wouldn't have the 3G costs. Campus Wifi networks are free for registered students.

And Sony, which has VERY limited 3G access, so that users still have to use a PC and link via USB -- wouldn't Bluetooth free users from the physical cable and provide quasi-wireless capability?

Please enlighten me.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote