Originally Posted by Les Hall
1. Am finding it uncomfortable to hold as there isn't really enough surface area without buttons to hold it comfortably. I think some kind of strap on the back that you could slide your hand into would be comfy - like you slide your hand under the strap of a horse brush.For me there is only one decent place to hold it and that is between the page turn buttons and the 4-way pad under the logo. Gets uncomfortable after a while.
5. Wish you could turn off the menu bar at the top of the screen.
6.The graphics in the interface are really ugly. What is that illustration when it first boots up - a pile of books & a candle or something - cheesy. Also the main menu page where you can choose Books, Audio Books etc - yech.
7. Same lack of aesthetics goes for the overall physical design. The sliding page turn button is a joke as far as I am concerned. Ugly too. The row of buttons on the right make it pretty well impossible to hold on that side. and I find visually distracting - Latin & Cyrillic numbers?! The 4-way pad is a different color white from the white case. The page turn buttons and the sliding page turn thing are both an odd shiny gunmetal color - why not white? I know - cheaper.
Thanks for the review! Here are some of my thoughts:
1. I like to hold it in my left hand with the thumb on the slider. I find this works well for one-handed use, but then again, I have large hands. It seems most people don't like the slider much but it comes in handy (
) for me. However, I tried it upside-down and it doesn't work well, so I can see your point there.
5. You can in PDF. Not sure why not in other formats.
6. I actually think they are fun! Sorta retro style. A matter of taste I guess.
7. Cyrillic I think because Russia is a home market? (Notice the dictionary selection...)