View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #13
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
It looks like, in the end, a .epub with almost original-sized images (450x???) will be about 2/3rds 5/6rds greater than this 45 MB test .epub, namely could be about 75 MB 83 MB.

Well, I'm off to create this test .epub (~83MB) with these larger sized images.... and then later upload to my Gargantuan ebook server.

EDIT: it actually is 83 MB in size
I've just uploaded here a 80+ MB test ebook (.epub and .prc versions only) with all the Wikipedia entries HOWEVER the Letter B to Z entries have not yet been "cleaned up".

This ebook has at most 450x??? or ???x450 sized images with 16 colours and those images, being approx. 68 MB in total, comprise just over 80% of the ebook's filesize. Now that's a big ebook!

I did notice some quirkiness with the .prc version around the Indices for B to Z and the first entry for the '1906 San Francisco Earthquake', but otherwise it looks very good in the PC software Mobipocket Reader. I'll hopefully fix this later.

Anyone willing to max out their ebook reader and try one of these Gargantuan ebooks? If it survives the ordeal, just post here your experiences...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote