View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
True, Google is hardly a purely benevolent corporation, but the public percepion is that Google is doing a great thing by making these orphaned books available to the public.

I've downloaded over a dozen rare books that I needed for research, but couldn't afford to go to England to read at the one library that had a copy in stock.
No doubt.

I just wish governments had provided clear guidelines that reinforced the inviolability of the public domain... with no wiggle room for any of that scan-copyright bullshit ambiguity.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote