View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you mention PG anywhere in the eBook, then you have to include the full PG legal stuff in the file. If you make no mention whatsoever of PG, then you don't. What you can't do is say "this book comes from PG", but then not include the licence.
The above piece was the reply I got (in Feb. 2008) to my question:

Quote:
Now, the problem is I would like to give credit where credit is due, and say that I took the text from PG, which I think is a fair thing to do. But according to the license it looks as if I cannot even mention "Project Gutenberg", am I reading it right? If this is so, what is the right thing to do? isn't it unfair to just give the text without even metioning where I took it from? Would it be better to say I took it from www.gutenberg.org (instead of the phrase "Project Gutenberg")?
So I'd say as long you make it clear the text is modified and you are not making money, it's OK to mention PG (that's what I usually do in my uploads, anyway)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote