View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Casanova, The Complete Memoirs - Comments, please!

Note: Updated with a different font, and edition information on title page.

Note 2: Added (zipped) plaintext file from which the LaTeX source was created--with quotation marks, and some other things auto-fixed up with varying degree of success. Use it for making an ePub, Mobi, LRF, et cetera if you wish.

Greetings,

After a far too long day of typesetting, and some LaTeX confusion, please find attached The Complete Memoirs of Casanova.

This is the full edition as sourced from PG, but with the occasional liberal alteration of form (not content) to accommodate for the fact that either the transcription efforts or the books themselves were atrocious.

Quotes are fixed. Most letters, poems, quotes, and songs are properly typeset. The far too many levels of the complete book are all sensibly treated and correctly linked from both the internal and external table of contents.

And all in a 6" screen optimized 5245 page PDF.

---

It is, unfortunately, not perfect. Given the length of the book, I am sure I have overlooked many things... although I think oversights are less likely to be utterly blatant things, and more likely to be inconsistencies with regards to the separating of letters and quotes from the text. (There are far too many quotes, poems, songs, and letters and too few were properly [formatting-wise] highlighted as such in the source text, but since it is not always obvious what is a full note/letter and what is an excerpt, I sometimes had to make haughty decisions that I might see wise overturn once I have fully read the book.)

If you are interested, please download it, read it, and provide feedback/comments regarding how you feel it could be further fixed/improved.

Thank you in advance!

- Ahi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-10.png
Views:	342
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	34629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-11.png
Views:	291
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	34630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-12.png
Views:	290
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	34631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-13.png
Views:	257
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	34632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-14.png
Views:	319
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	34633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-15.png
Views:	282
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	34634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16.png
Views:	247
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	34635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-17.png
Views:	231
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	34636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-18.png
Views:	229
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	34637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-19.png
Views:	203
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	34638  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Casanova_-_Memoirs.pdf (13.31 MB, 832 views)
File Type: zip Casanova_-_processed.zip (2.32 MB, 310 views)

Last edited by ahi; 08-22-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added updated PDF.
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote