View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #388
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO means convenient size

Harry had a great insight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All:

Harry posted the following on another thread and I think we should discuss this here:

Have you noticed that Bookeen actually called the Opus a "pocket friendly" reader? In its pouch, I reckon it's pretty safe - as long as it's something like a jacket pocket. Putting it in a back pocket is just asking for trouble.

My point is not about Bookeen or Opus. My point is about the Pocket PRO. Please realize that we call it that because its size makes it more convenient and easy to carry... NOT that it belongs in your pocket during polo matches!

ANY screen will break if you abuse it. The Pocket PRO is a very good machine but it is NOT going to stand up to putting it in the back pocket of your pants, sitting down with it in the front pocket, or leaving it in your suit jacket inside pocket on a plane and having someone sit on it.

Let's not mistake a really well made eBook Reader with being a tank! You have to treat any eBook Reader, including the Pocket PRO, with some care. It is an electronic instrument!!

I know many of you are laughing by this time. I am not. Broken screens and the labor to switch them, are priced at about $95 and up plus freight! That is NO laughing matter!! If our costs raise... so does the cost of the Pocket PRO!

Keep your new Pocket PRO in its case when you are moving (such as falling down stairs or jumping out of airplanes or jumping off cliffs or even just walking). IF we find it obvious that the screen is cracked due to abuse... you may just have voided your warranty. IF you want to roughhouse with a Pocket PRO... invest in a "Rhino Skin" aluminum case that clips to your belt!

This is a serious request that all buying the Pocket PRO realize that they still need to provide care. I can't do you any good if you send it for repair with a broken screen and we note ANY evidence of abuse. YOU have to guard that device well.

Thank you, Harry, for the warning!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote