After waiting a while in vain for iRex to provide a program to merge scribbles with the pdf, I decided to write my own. (I found a perl-script somewhere on this forum, but I didn't want to install perl just to run a little tool like that.)
The attached app is written in java, and uses the iText
library for the merging process (just like some other apps on this forum). It can merge the file while keeping the manifest, create a pdf with only scribbled pages (useful when when proofreading a document), change the scribble colors, ... .
You need at lava 1.4 at least, just unzip the attached zip and run the jar. (java -jar ILiadPdfScribbleMerger.jar, or on windows, you can just double-click the jar)[*]
Let me know if you find any problems!
PS: This is my first post in this forum! I lurked around here for a few months, finally buying an iLiad myself in december ... I never posted because I never had anything useful to say, until now (I think
- (v1.1) Support cropped pdf's
- (v1.2-1.3.1) Support Linux & Mac OSX
- (v1.4) Command line merging
- (v1.6) Preserve bookmarks etc, drag&drop files.
- (v1.7) Save color mappings (only for GUI for now - I'll do the commandline part later)
- (v1.7.5) Color mappings supported in command line + small bugfix (last used color map not always saved)
- (v1.7.6) Fixed 2 bugs related with rotated pages and cropping.
- (v1.8) Fixed a bug (corrupt pdf generated for 'scribbled pages only'), added 'open merged pdf' option.