View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ebook readers at IFA Berlin, 4-9 September

The IFA is a consumer electronics trade show held in Berlin every year. Several exhibitors will be bringing ebook readers this year.

Sony will be there (Hall 4.2/Booth 101). Currently only the PRS-505 is listed, so they might not be bringing the recently announced PRS-300 or PRS-600. I'm following up on this and will post new information as I get it.

There will also be a new Netronix distributor. It's a Netherlands based company by the name of Lubix. Based on the product description, they don't appear to have added to default firmware.

And we've been told that PocketBook, the Ukraine based ebook developer, will be attending. They do not appear to be listed as an exhibitor, so I can't guarantee the booth number (Hall 14/Booth 107).

I have 2 reasons to be interested in Pocketbook. The first is that hey developed their own firmware, including a better gui. The other reason is that Andrey, the sales manager, has said that they will be bringing all of their readers, the PocketBook 301, 302, and the 360 (their new 5" reader). Hopefully MR will be able to send someone to take a look at it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote