Originally Posted by Andanzas
Why would they wait until the end of the year to announce [a trade in]?
I'm not really arguing one way or the other, but I will point out that Sony seems to like to build anticipation about stuff.
The end of year timing is presumably because they want to coincide it with the store's switchover to ePub, it wouldn't be the first time they'd announced that "something" was coming way early and then the "something" turned out to not be all that earth-shaking.
Originally Posted by JSWolf
The problem witht he 500 is that if Sony does decide to do a firmware update, you will lose LRF/LRX as the ROM in the 500 is not large enough to handle both. it would have to be a one or the other solution.
You may well be right, Jon. I suppose it's possible that they've had some breakthrough that allows them to cram it into a smaller space, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
I suppose it's also possible that they might do something like "we can give you ePub support, but it'll take up 60% of your 'user' RAM if you want to add it ...."