View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #241
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Shipping Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
No. I don't recall anyone even saying I had to pay a "use tax". The issue of allowing states to charge sales tax on internet sales comes up regularly in congress, but has been roundly defeated each time.

But living in Hawai`i I get hit big time for shipping, for instance the cheapest shipping on a 5" pocket pro is just a little under $30 and goes up to $70 for 2nd day ...

They only ship USPS to Canada and Puerto Rico. Robertb! Why's that? Since your normal shipping rates are so exhortation?
Dear Wodin:

Realize Astak is only a poor little eBook Reader manufacturer. We do not set the rates. We DO get excellent discounts from UPS and FedEx because we ship large quantities... but we charge you exactly what they charge us. We do not mark up or even try to make any profit on shipping! Nor do we charge you, like some companies, a "handling charge". Everything we do is designed to keep your cost as low as possible.

I know we are trying to do more USPS (United States Parcel Service) as it is cheaper for the end user. Let me talk with our shipping department!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote